Thursday, November 29, 2007

If you're like me, and you have a giant glass of wine or two at book club, then arrive home at 10:00 on a Wednesday night, it might seem like the ideal time to make a quintuple batch of veggie burgers. And, because you're feeling just swell and invincible from the wine, you might start boldly substituting when it turns out you don't have exactly the right amounts of spices. You might use Thai chili paste, for instance. This would be bad. This would result in you having 20 rather funky veggie burgers on your hands, after staying up until 12:30 to finish baking them. And what are you going to do with that quantity of funk burgers?

This is twice in one week that alcohol has interfered with my prowess in the kitchen. Let's all hope that I've learned my lesson. Let's also be thankful that I haven't lost a finger.

No comments: