Friday, November 16, 2007

Karl Rove to Become Newsweek Contributor

Oh. My. God. Bitches, if I had not already let my subscription lapse due to your innumerable other sucky editorial decisions, you can bet your asses it would be canceled now.

Newsweek's crappiness of late actually makes me sad. It was a real institution in my house when I was growing up. I used to read it every week when I got home from school, and I can remember my dad getting annoyed with me when he would try to start a conversation and I'd just murmur "mmm-hmm," because I was reading. I even got my own subscription when I went to college. I defended it when an Economist-reader friend called it pap. I read it on the T on my way to class. It was just a ritual.

Maybe I've changed more than the magazine has, but it's really felt like hooey lately. Meacham sure does love his Jesus coverage, and the addition of Markos Moulitsas, as well as Rove, will only make for more shrill partisan debate. That's not what I want to read over dinner. In fact, it's not what I want to read... ever.

No comments: