Monday, December 3, 2007













Check it out: Katherine Kersten bears a sort-of resemblance to Andrea Martin, award-winning comedienne and actress. Perhaps you recognize her as Aunt Voula from My Big Fat Greek Wedding:

I point this out so that the next time you get peeved about the latest ridonkulous thing Katherine Kersten runs in the Strib, you can do like I do, and read it over again in an Aunt Voula accent. Let's practice!:

Aunt Voula: All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then I started menopause and the lump got bigger from the "hormonees." It started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord. Yes. Inside the lump was my twin.

Kersten-Voula: The group with the bicycles... Critical Mass... they tie up the rush-hour traffic every month, and they rule the streets! They leave the cars fuming but impotent.

Umm. I might be the only one this works for. But still. I like it.


No comments: