Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Wire Day!

Does everyone know what day it is? It's season four of The Wire on DVD day! Party! I'm a little disappointed actually, because I put it at the top of my Netflix queue a few days ago, but the Netflix gods were not smiling on me and there's a "short wait" for The Wire. Instead, they sent me the next available movie in my queue, which happens to be L'Avventura, which is one of those movies you put in your queue because you know you're supposed to see it, but you don't actually want to watch it. Uh, anyway, back to The Wire.

The Wire is pretty much the best show about the Baltimore drug trade that a white girl from South Dakota could ever love. (I made Patrick watch an episode once, and at the end he said, "You know why I liked that? Because it was so relatable.") Season three was positively Shakespearean. I kind of want to start a club about how much I love it. It could be like a book club, only we'd all get together and watch an episode or two and then discuss. Hey, if grown people still get together for medieval role-playing games (they do, right?), then why can't I start a Wire club?

Stop judging. I hate you and you're not invited.

No comments: