Monday, January 28, 2008

Don't read this.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been super pumped about The Complete Jane Austen on PBS. No, seriously. No. Shut up. I love love love it like the sad spinster that I am. I want to start a Jane Austen tribute band called the Spinster Sisters. We'd sing songs with titles like "Mr. Darcy, Your Attentions Do Cause Me to Color in the Cheeks," and "Willoughby, You're a Bad Bad Cad." We'd rock pretty hard.

I may or may not have watched Sense and Sensibility for the bajillionth time yesterday, in anticipation of the Mansfield Park showing on TV. I really wish that the Uptown would have a midnight showing of Sense and Sensibility, because I think they could get a pretty great crowd, and I really want to watch this movie in the company of other people who will shout "whore!" at the screen with me when Lucy pulls out Edward's handkerchief and blows her nose on it. (Seriously. what. a whore.) It's not as much fun to do it alone in my apartment. (You can get the DVD at Target for about $5, and you totally should so that you can be like me and watch it 3 days in a row- once by itself, once with the Emma Thompson commentary, and once with Ang Lee's. Umm... did I just confess that?)

Mark your calendars for February 10, 17, and 24, by the way. Why? Because those are the dates of the six hour Pride and Prejudice miniseries starring one Colin Firth (NOT starring Jena Malone, who pretty much ruined the recent Keira Knightley version with her raging suckitude).

ALSO: Please direct your attention to this Men of Austen diagram, which helpfully converts the characters' fortunes in pounds into today's US dollars.

If Us Weekly put out an issue on Austen characters, I would buy that.

Oh, and there are books, too. Yeah. Read the books.

Please disregard this entry.

No comments: