Monday, February 25, 2008

I feel better now, thanks.

Jeff the Super Mechanic says my transmission is mostly fine, but does need a routine service. This will cost me far less a brand new transmission, and also less than an auxiliary cooling kit, which Jeff the Super Mechanic does not recommend, as it may "overcool" in our lovely Minnesotan climate. And as much as I would like to be too cool, I will take his word for it.

Laying out the cash for the service will mean that I won't quite make the b-day cutoff for paying off my credit card, but I am still counting this project as a success, as I would have made it without this last expense. Also, as Johm the auto mechanics instructor taught us in class last week, proper care and feeding of a transmission is very financially responsible. (As previously mentioned, Johm also taught us that Henry Ford "really really really hated the Jews." He's a Renaissance man. Johm, that is, not Henry Ford.)

No comments: