Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Well. I might have seen this coming.

Hey, guess what? Something financially bad is probably going to happen! To my car! I have no professional confirmation of this just yet, but last night we talked transmissions in my auto class (we also talked about Henry Ford's anti-semitism), so today I did a little Googling to see where my transmission fluid goes, and as it turns out, 626s have notoriously sheisty transmissions! And this might explain the herky-jerky dance my car has been doing for the past while! Super! I'm so excited about it I can't even tell you! (I should note that Andy borrowed my car several months ago and told me to check my transmission fluid, and I did not, mostly because I couldn't bear the thought of Andy being right.)

I don't know why I didn't discover this information when I was considering buying the car. I did my homework. I swear. I had it inspected. I kind of hate the world right now. Maybe Jeff the Super Mechanic will tell me it's okay. Or maybe it will cost $3,000 and I will never be out of debt, ever, and I will never get to go on a real vacation, ever. Such exciting possibilities!

No comments: