Thursday, June 26, 2008

Three things that are unrelated except in that they are shining illustrations of my dorkiness

1. I totally have a new fitness guru crush (actually, I didn't really have an old one), and her name is Ellen Barrett. Please do not judge by her lame pink website, please rent Crunch Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend, and tell me, just tell me (!), if she is not the most lovely and pleasant person who has ever told you to Down Dog. Pleasant! Lovely! Makes me wanna zip up my abs all the livelong day!

2. Also: MNspeak has informed me that there is a Twin Cities Postcard Club. They have monthly meetings and semi-annual shows. Please note the prevalence of gray hair in the photos on their website. Please note that I will totally be there in October! Yeah, umm... some of you may not be aware that I have a postcard collection, but I totally do and it's totally awesome and someday if you want to come over I will show it to you! (Future diary entry, circa 2030: And I never had another visitor to my home again.)

3. More 48-Hour Film news: In addition to being selected as Audience Favorite at our screening, R&BsnhptAFpoR has also been chosen by the judges (not sure who the judges are, though they obviously have excellent taste) as one of the 12 best films of the local festival (out of 68 total). The "Best of Minneapolis" screening is tonight at 7:00 at the Riverview, with a GALA to follow downtown (I loves me a gala). You can totally come if you have $12 and it isn't sold out. I am now adding "Award-Winning Filmmaker and Big Mouth Billy Bass Locator" to my resume. I'll never be hungry again!

1 comment:

willikat said...

um, i'm glad you have a postcard collection...because so do i!