Friday, August 1, 2008

In which I am selfishly thankful for my own laziness.

One year ago, I took a few days off to move and paint my new apartment. On August 1, late in the afternoon, I ran out of Apricot Dream or whatever the hell shade it was and thought to myself, "Well, shit. Now I have to drive back to the Quarry for a damn quart of paint." But then I thought, "You know what? It's hot; I'm tired; I'm going to take a break for a while and wait until after rush hour."

And that is how laziness saved my ass.

Incidentally, I can't remember what radio station I was listening to when I first heard the news, but the DJ said something like this: "We're receiving reports that the I-35W bridge has collapsed over the Mississippi. And now here's something from the Red Hot Chili Peppers." Good work, DJ!

1 comment:

ang said...

you just gave me goose bumps. that was a pretty scary evening! glad you decided to take a break.