Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God frowns on marrying dogs. I know this for a fact; a Catholic priest told me.

I went to a wedding this weekend, and, despite a horrifying ceremony during which the priest referenced marrying a dog, it was totally redeemed by the lovely reception at the James J. Hill Library.


Aww, books are romantic.


















Also, there was a Beatles cover band. And I don't care if you're one of those hip hipsters who is too cool for cover bands; let me tell you this: Everybody loves a Beatles cover band. Especially when the band tries as hard for authenticity as these guys did. See, they played the first set like this:
















And the second like this:
















Dedication. An excellent quality in a cover band. Also a marriage, I suppose, so huzzah for the happy couple whom I do not know. Sorry I called your ceremony horrifying.